Mar 23, 2013

Good Ad, Bad Ad?... OMG is that a mom in a running shoe ad!

So, this little Brooks Running shoe ad caught my eye this weekend...
Yeah I got the theme of it...they're speaking to the paleo contingent and barefoot runners...etc. But then I stared at it for a few more minutes?

Why?
1st, because it had such uncommon (yet cool) imagery...for example, why is this girl, down on her knees, devouring a giant turkey leg?  Seriously!?! 2nd, I noticed the shout out to the Enduramoms of the world, with the jogging stroller image at the top and squealed with glee!!! It's not so often I see such imagery, as in US getting a little spotlight, in running gear ads...in fact, more often than not, it's typically just the shoe being featured. 
So, I say, we've arrived!  Someone in the Mad Men world of ad - land - ia realizes there are thousands of Enduramoms in the world that buy their gear and put their all in their weekly workouts.
Raise a glass (or a water bottle) to YOU and your amazing efforts this weekend...we are on the map!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment